Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Centennial
centennial (not comparable)
- Relating to, or associated with, the commemoration of an event that happened a hundred years before.
- a centennial ode
- Happening once in a hundred years.
- a centennial jubilee a centennial celebration
- Lasting or aged a hundred years.
- 1863 November 23, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, “The Student’s Tale. The Falcon of Ser Federigo.”, in Tales of a Wayside Inn, Boston, Mass.: Ticknor and Fields, OCLC 840321886, page 34:
- In her grand villa, half-way up the hill, / O'erlooking Florence, but retired and still; / With iron gates, that opened through long lines / Of sacred ilex and centennial pines, […]
centennial (plural centennials)
- The hundredth anniversary of an event or happening.
- multicentennial, semicentennial, sesquicentennial, bicentennial, tricentennial, quadricentennial, quincentennial, sexcentennial, septicentennial, octocentennial