center of gravity
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: center-of-gravity
- centre of gravity (British and Canadian spelling), centre-of-gravity (attributive)
- center-of-gravity (attributive)
- (physics) A point, near or within a body, through which its weight can be assumed to act when considering forces on the body and its motion under gravity. This coincides with the center of mass in a uniform gravitational field.
- (figuratively) Any pivotal or central idea or group.
point, near or within a body, at which the object's mass can be assumed to be concentrated
any pivotal or central idea or group
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.