Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (US) (file)
- Of, relating to, or used in a ceremony; ritual or formal.
- Ceremonial observances and outward show.
- (archaic) Observant of forms; ceremonious.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of John Donne to this entry?)
- John Dryden
- He moves in the dull ceremonial track.
of, relating to, or used in a ceremony
ceremonial (plural ceremonials)
- A ceremony, or series of ceremonies, prescribed by ritual.
- 1749, Henry Fielding, The History of Tom Jones, a Foundling. In Six Volumes, volume (please specify |volume=I to VI), London: Printed by A[ndrew] Millar, […], OCLC 928184292:
- Curtsies and the usual ceremonials between women who are strangers to each other, being past, Sophia said, “I have not the pleasure to know you, madam.”
a ceremony, or series of ceremonies
ceremonial (plural ceremoniales)