Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (noun): IPA(key): /səɹˈtɪfɪkɪt/
- (verb): IPA(key): /səɹˈtɪfɪˌkeɪt/
- Rhymes: -ɪfɪkɪt, -eɪt
- Hyphenation: cer‧tif‧i‧cate
certificate (plural certificates)
- A document containing a certified statement.
- A document evidencing ownership or debt.
- A document serving as evidence as a person has completed an educational course, issued either by an institution not authorised to grant diplomas, or to a student not qualifying for a diploma.
- (computing theory) The information needed in order to verify a positive answer to a problem.
- (Britain, Ireland) A motion picture age rating.
- The film is certificate 15.
document containing a certified statement
document evidencing ownership or debt
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
- To supply with a certificate, especially following certification