Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: chicané
- (road transport, motor racing) A temporary barrier, or serpentine curve, on a vehicular path, especially one designed to reduce speed.
- (bridge) The holding of a hand without trumps, or the hand itself. It counts as simple honours.
- to shuffle from them by chicane
a temporary barrier or serpentine curve
- “chicane” in Douglas Harper, Online Etymology Dictionary, 2001–2019.
- first-person singular present indicative of
- third-person singular present indicative of
- first-person singular present subjunctive of
- third-person singular present subjunctive of
- second-person singular imperative of
chicane f (plural chicanes)
- (road transport) Chicane (obstruction designed to reduce speed), double road bend.
- Bickering, quibbling, especially as delay tactic.
- chicane on the French Wikipedia.Wikipedia fr
- “chicane” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).