close to one's heart
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Deeply cared about; beloved or being the object of great concern.
- 2013, Kathy J Snow, Pebbles and Blessings: Pebbles and Blessings of Life, →ISBN, page 8:
- As we started driving away I was saddened by the thought of leaving this beloved place that was so very dear and close to my heart.
- 2020 July 1, Paul Stephen, “Vital Connections”, in Rail, page 40:
- Samaritans is a cause close to Prosser's heart, given his own experience of dealing with the tragic suicide of a loved one, [...].
deeply cared about
- In a deeply concerned manner or with great love.
- 2012, Marelise Bekker, Through the Door of Hope!, →ISBN, page 19:
- I held these special moments close to my heart.