Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The process of making objects or systems smarter and smarter by connecting, integrating sensors and building software/artificial intelligence into them.
- 2016, Kevin Kelly, The Inevitable: Understanding the 12 Technological Forces That Will Shape Our Future, page 105:
- Very soon most manufactured items, from shoes to cans of soup, will contain a small sliver of dim intelligence, and screens will be the tool we use to interact with this ubiquitous cognification.
- 2018, Martina Seidl, Steffen Zschaler, Software Technologies: Applications and Foundations, →ISBN:
- And conversely, we also discuss how MDSE techniques themselves can help in the improvement of AI, Machine learning, bot generation and other cognification techniques.
- 2018, O. Perez, S. Sauceda, J. Cruz, Manufacturing 4.0: The Use of Emergent Technologies in Manufacturing, →ISBN:
- Kevin Kelly point of view in the inevitable book  is that a process of cognification is transforming our entire daily life the same way mechanization changed the way we saw the conversion of the world from completely manual into a machine driven one, and then how it changed again by the additional transformation of the electrification giving us electromechanical, electronic and digital devices that made our life easier to the point that we don't conceive the world without them, robots, TVs, cars, etc. The next stage on the eveolution is the cognification thanks to the harnessing of the power of data, evolution of the algorithms and processing capabilities brought by the digitalization of our proeducts and by extension of our processes.
- The process of consciously thinking about an experience or behavior.
- 1992, Nigerian Journal of American Studies - Volume 2, page 89:
- In concrete terms 'artistic truth', that is, the ultimate vision derived from a work of art, and this applies to the autobiography, relates to historical truth on the basis of the art of selection and cognification of experience.
- 2002, Psychoanalysis and Contemporary Thought, page 149:
- In the previous sections we discussed both how the various steps of "cognification" in the elaboration of the internal representations are combined with the mental "maneuverability" of the representations and how certain levels of representational development are associated with new capacities for emotional regulation.
- 2005, Dwight Evans, Dennis S. Charney, Lydia Lewis, The Physician’s Guide to Depression and Bipolar Disorders, →ISBN, page 69:
- We next consider the cognification of interpersonal dysfunctions in treating clinical depression.