Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
From Latin commemorare, from com- + memorare to remind of (see memory).
- (transitive) To honour the memory of someone or something with a ceremony.
- On November 11th we commemorate the fallen with a march.
- (transitive) To serve as a memorial to someone or something.
- The cenotaph commemorates the fallen.
to honor the memory of someone or something
to serve as memorial to someone or something
- second-person plural present indicative of commemorare
- second-person plural imperative of commemorare
- feminine plural of
- second-person plural present active imperative of commemorō