Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA(key): /kəˈmɪt.ɪd/
- (General American) IPA(key): /kəˈmɪ.ɾɪd/, /kəˈmɪ.ɾəd/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: com‧mit‧ted
- simple past tense and past participle of
- Obligated or locked in (often, but not necessarily, by a pledge) to some course of action.
- 2017 April 12, Dan Shive, El Goonish Shive (webcomic), Comic for Wednesday, Apr 12, 2017:
- ‹Plan CM, meanwhile, is in motion. Sirleck took the bait, vampire mercenaries he can't call off are incoming... he's committed.›
- Showing commitment.
- Associated in an exclusive (but not necessarily permanent) sexual relationship.
- (rhetoric) Required by logic to endorse the conclusion of an argument.
obligated by a pledge to some course of action