Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (neologism, slang) To engage in phoney or pretend conversation on a mobile phone for the purpose of deluding or avoiding others.
2008, David Ortez, Do You Communifake?:
- Communifake is the act of pretending to initiate and maintain a fake conversation on your mobile phone around other people.
- 2008, Ki Mae Heussner, ABC News/Technology, Why Do We Communifake?
- Dominique Gonzales is a chronic communifaker. "Absolutely, I communifake," the 27-year-old told ABCNews.com. "It's a little rude if you just ignore somebody. But if I see somebody at work who I want to avoid speaking with, I'll just take out my phone and pretend to be making a call."
- 2008, Communifaking, Right Or Wrong?:
- Even I have communifaked few times and I admit sometimes it was just the feeling of insecurity.
- 2008, Communifaking – The Latest Fad!:
- Welcome to the world of communifaking.