Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
completion (plural completions)
- The act or state of being or making something complete; conclusion, accomplishment.
1898, Winston Churchill, chapter 10, The Celebrity:
- Mr. Cooke had had a sloop yacht built at Far Harbor, the completion of which had been delayed, and which was but just delivered. […] The Maria had a cabin, which was finished in hard wood and yellow plush, and accommodations for keeping things cold.
- (law) The conclusion of an act of conveyancing concerning the sale of a property.
- (American football) A forward pass that is successfully caught by the intended receiver.
- (mathematics) The act of making a metric space complete by adding points.
- (mathematics) The space resulting from such an act.
- (state of being complete): completeness
making complete; conclusion
mathematics: act of making a metric space complete by adding points