Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (UK) IPA(key): /kəmˈplʌɪənt/
- (General American) IPA(key): /kəmˈplaɪənt/
- Hyphenation: com‧pli‧ant
- Rhymes: -aɪənt
- Willing to comply; yielding; bending; pliant; submissive; willing to do what someone wants.
- The suspect was compliant when arrested.
- Compatible with or following guidelines, specifications, rules, or laws.
- The browser is standards-compliant.
- The workplace is compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
compatible with guidlines
willing to comply
compatible with or following guidelines