Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Finishing; closing; final.
- The concluding chapters of the book summarise the main points.
- (obsolete) Conclusive; convincing; decisive.
- 1719, Thomas Davye, Joseph Stokes, The Baptism of Adult Believers Only, Asserted and Vindicated:
- But if such Persons chafe and are angry, and so go from you, 'tis to me a very concluding Argument that they are not as yet very fit to be Members of the Community of Christ's Church.
concluding (plural concludings)
- A conclusion.
- 1965, Ann Ree Colton, The soul and the ethic, page 167:
- He who obeys not the good Shepherd of the soul and heart has an untruthful mind; a mind filled with fallacies; a mind of wrong resolvings and concludings.