Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK, Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈkɒŋ.ɡɹʊ.əns/
Audio (Southern England) (file)
- (US, General American) IPA(key): /ˈkɑŋ.ɡɹu.əns/
Audio (New Jersey) (file)
- (AU, Australian English) IPA(key): /ˈkɔŋ.ɡɹʉ.əns/
- The quality of agreeing or corresponding; being suitable and appropriate.
- (mathematics, number theory) A relation between two numbers indicating they give the same remainder when divided by some given number.
- (mathematics, geometry) The quality of being isometric — roughly, the same measure and shape.
- (mathematics, linear algebra) Matrix similarity by an orthogonal matrix.
- (algebra, more generally) Any equivalence relation defined on an algebraic structure which is preserved by operations defined by the structure.
the quality of agreeing or corresponding
number theory, relation indicating two numbers give the same remainder when divided by some number
geometry, quality of being roughly the same size and shape
linear algebra, matrix similarity by an orthogonal matrix
algebra, equivalence relation preserved by operations
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
congruence f (plural congruences)