- (General American) IPA(key): /kɑn/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /kɒn/
- Homophone: con
- Rhymes: -ɒn
conn (plural conns)
- The duty of directing a ship, usually used with the verb to have or to take and accompanied by the article "the."
- The officer of the deck has the conn of the vessel; the captain took the conn when she reached the bridge.
- (transitive) To direct a ship; to superintend the steering of (a vessel); to watch the course of (a vessel) and direct the helmsman how to steer.
- The pilot conned the ship safely into the harbor.