Jump to navigation Jump to search
corkwood (plural corkwoods)
- Any of numerous plants with bark or wood resembling cork, of diverse orders:
- Annona glabra, a plant found in the West Indies.
- Commiphora angolensis or sand corkwood, a shrub species growing mainly in Angola and Namibia.
- Duboisia, a genus with species found in Australia.
- Endiandra sieberi, a corkwood from Australia in the laurel family.
- Caldcluvia paniculosa, a soft barked corkwood from Australia in the coachwood family.
- Entelea arborescens, a species found in New Zealand.
- Erythrina vespertilio, or grey corkwood, a species from Australia.
- Hakea suberea, a species found in Australia.
- Leitneria floridana, a species found in southeastern North America.
- Melicope, a genus with species in Australia.
- Musanga cecropioides or African corkwood, a species found in Africa.
- Sesbania grandiflora, a species found in southeast Asia and northern Australia, with edible flowers.
- The wood of Quercus suber, the cork oak.