Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: corrodé
- (UK) IPA(key): /kəˈɹəʊd/
Audio (Southern England) (file)
- (US) IPA(key): /kəˈɹoʊd/, [kəˈɹoʊ̯d], [kɚˈ(ɹ)oʊ̯d]
- Rhymes: -əʊd
- (transitive) To eat away bit by bit; to wear away or diminish by gradually separating or destroying small particles of, as by action of a strong acid or a caustic alkali.
- (transitive) To consume; to wear away; to prey upon; to impair.
- My morale is being corroded day by day.
- (intransitive) To have corrosive action; to be subject to corrosion.
to eat away
to have corrosive action
- inflection of :