Jump to navigation Jump to search
countback (plural countbacks)
- (sports) A procedure used to determine which of two equal finishers is the winner, based on past performance
- 2012 May 13, Andrew Benson, “Williams's Pastor Maldonado takes landmark Spanish Grand Prix win”, in BBC Sport:
- Vettel is classified as the leader on results countback.
- 2009 January 23, Ron Reed, “Star sprinter Graeme Brown bags win”, in Herald Sun:
- Davis finished second yesterday after recovering from a fall to retain the leader's ochre jersey on a countback.