Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
- Exceptionally fine or excellent; top-notch; high quality.
- Expert, top-rated or high-performing.
crackerjack (plural crackerjacks)
- An exceptionally fine or excellent thing or person.
- An expert or top-rated individual (e.g., a marksman).
crackerjack (not comparable)
- (US, slang) Referring to clothing items (pants, jersey, collar) that constitute the traditional blue uniform of the enlisted men of the US Navy, following the sailor uniform worn by Sailor Jack on boxes of Cracker Jack snacks.
- (US, slang, in the plural) The traditional blue uniforms of the enlisted men of the US Navy.
- (US, slang) A U.S. Navy sailor.
- (US, uncountable) Popcorn candied in molasses-flavored caramel and peanuts.
- 1946, James T. Farrell, Bernard Clare, page 280:
- "Here, here's the popcorn man," Sid said as a vendor passed, pushing a cart. Sid bought a package of crackerjack and opened it while Mickey jumped up and down, unable to wait.