Jump to navigation Jump to search
creetur (plural creeturs)
- (dialect) Alternative form of
- 1872, T.P. Wilson, Frank Oldfield:
- "Ah, poor young creetur," croaked the old woman; "it's a pity he's come to this."
- 1897, Arthur Mee and J.A. Hammerton, Eds., The World's Greatest Books, Vol III:
- "Stop there by himself, poor creetur, without nobody to take his part!
- 1908, Edith Van Dyne, Aunt Jane's Nieces at Millville:
- "She were gentle, an' sweet, an' the mos' beautiful creetur in all--in--in the place where we lived.