Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: crypto currency
- A digital currency based on a cryptographic system.
- Synonym: (informal) crypto
- Bitcoin was the first decentralized cryptocurrency.
- 2013 November 17, Nick Bilton, “Disruptions: A Digital Underworld Cloaked in Anonymity”, in New York Times:
- Then there is bitcoin, the cryptocurrency that has been skyrocketing in value lately. Bitcoin is basically virtual cash — anonymous, untraceable currency stuffed into a mobile wallet.
type of digital currency