Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: denouement
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /deˈnuːmɑ̃/
Audio (UK) (file)
- (US) IPA(key): /ˌdeɪ.nuˈmɑnt/, /ˌdeɪ.nuˈmɑ̃/
dénouement (plural dénouements)
- (authorship, often used metaphorically) The conclusion or resolution of a plot.
- 2002, Michel Faber, The Crimson Petal and the White, Canongate Books (2010), page 830:
- At last this affair is moving towards the explosive dénouement he has been craving — the revelation, the release of tension, that will shake the universe in one fierce convulsion, and then allow everything to fall back into its rightful place, restored to normality!
- For quotations using this term, see Citations:dénouement.
the conclusion or resolution of a plot
dénouement m (plural dénouements)