Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Somewhat dark.
- 1611, King James Version of the Bible, Leviticus 13:38-39, 
- If a man also or a woman have in the skin of their flesh bright spots, even white bright spots; then the priest shall look: and, behold, if the bright spots in the skin of their flesh be darkish white; it is a freckled spot that groweth in the skin; he is clean.
- 1661, Robert Boyle, The Sceptical Chymist, London: J.M. Dent, 1911, Part I, p. 41, 
- […] if […] the lead be blown off from the silver by bellowes, that which would else have gone away in the form of unheeded steams will in great part be collected not far from the silver, in the form of a darkish powder or calx; which, because it is blown off from silver, they call litharge of silver.
- 1666, Samuel Pepys, Diary, 2 September, 1666, ,
- We staid till, it being darkish, we saw the fire as only one entire arch of fire from this to the other side the bridge, and in a bow up the hill for an arch of above a mile long: it made me weep to see it.
- The color they chose was too darkish for a wedding.
- 1611, King James Version of the Bible, Leviticus 13:38-39,