Jump to navigation Jump to search
demilune (not comparable)
- (of furniture) In the shape of a half-moon, i.e. semicircular.
- 2007 February 9, Wendy Moonan, “Relics of the 19th Century, in a Sentimental Mood”, in New York Times:
- A handsome pair of tall, walnut-veneered Biedermeier bookcases from Austria, circa 1835, can be had from Iliad Antik of New York for $95,000, while Clinton Howell of New York has a rare pair of marquetry inlaid demilune consoles that he attributes to the workshop of John Linnell of England, circa 1755.
demilune (plural demilunes)
- A fortification constructed beyond the main ditch of a fortress, and in front of the curtain between two bastions, intended to defend the curtain; a ravelin.
- (biology) A crescentic mass of granular protoplasm present in the salivary glands.
demilune f (plural demilunes)
- Alternative form of