Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (transitive) To take away a natural characteristic or inherent property of (a thing or a person).
- (transitive) To add something to (alcohol) that makes it unsuitable for consumption but leaves it suitable for other purposes.
- While you cannot drink denatured alcohol, you can still use it to remove sticker glue from most surfaces.
- (transitive, chemistry) To subject (especially a protein) to conditions altering its original form or state.
- To combine fissionable material with nonfissionable material in order to prevent its use in an atomic weapon.
- (to take away a natural characteristic of): denaturalize
to subject a protein to conditions altering its original form