- (countable) The act of depriving, dispossessing, or bereaving; the act of deposing or divesting of some dignity.
- (uncountable) The state of being deprived
- (countable) The taking away from a clergyman of his benefice, or other spiritual promotion or dignity.
- (followed by “of”) lack
He was suffering from deprivation of sleep.
- Distinguish from depravation.
act of depriving
state of being deprived
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text
Declension of deprivation