Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Expressing or characterized by derision; mocking; ridiculing.
- The critic's review of the film was derisive.
- Deserving or provoking derision or ridicule.
- The plot of the film was so derisive that the audience began to jeer.
- (expressing or characterized by derision): mocking, ridiculing, scornful, disdainful
- (deserving or provoking derision): ridiculous
expressing or characterized by derision; mocking
deserving or provoking derision
- derisive in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911