Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Of, relating to, or functioning in digestion.
- That causes or promotes digestion.
- 1847 March 30, Herman Melville, Omoo: A Narrative of Adventures in the South Seas; […], London: John Murray, […], OCLC 364546898:
- While the doctor and the natives were taking a digestive nap after dinner, I strolled forth to have a peep at the country which could produce so generous a meal.
of, relating to, or functioning in digestion
that causes or promotes digestion
digestive (plural digestives)
- A substance that aids digestion.
- (Britain, Ireland, Canada) A digestive biscuit.
- I bought a packet of chocolate digestives.
- I made a mistake and bought plain digestives instead of chocolate ones.
substance that aids digestion
- inflection of :
- (Classical) IPA(key): /diː.ɡesˈtiː.u̯e/, [d̪iːɡɛs̠ˈt̪iːu̯ɛ]
- (Ecclesiastical) IPA(key): /di.d͡ʒesˈti.ve/, [d̪id͡ʒɛsˈt̪iːvɛ]