Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The act of disjoining; disunion, separation.
- The state of being disjoined, contrasting, or opposing.
- the disjunction expressed by disjunctive conjunctions, such as but or or
- 2017 September 7, Ferdinand Mount, “Umbrageousness”, in London Review of Books:
- The disjunction between the despotism the British had been practising in India and the liberal, secular, democratic trends of their domestic politics was too embarrassing to endure indefinitely.
- (logic) The proposition resulting from the combination of two or more propositions using the or operator.
- (mathematics) A logical operator that results in “true” when some of its operands are true.
- (biology) During meiosis, the separation of chromosomes (homologous in meiosis I, and sister chromatids in meiosis II).
- (in mathematics): logical connective
- (in logic): disjunct
- (in mathematics): conjunction