Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˌdɪs.əˈbeɪ/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˌdɪs.əˈbeɪ/, /ˌdɪs.oʊ.ˈbeɪ/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -eɪ
- (transitive) To refuse or (intentionally) fail to obey an order of (somebody).
- disobey the rules
- disobey your parents
- (intransitive) To refuse or (intentionally) fail to obey.
- 1984, Dune (Science Fiction), OCLC 1295459964, spoken by Princess Irulan, 10:44 from the start:
- The powerful Bene Gesserit sisterhood for ninety generations has been manipulating bloodlines to produce the Kwisatz Haderach, a superbeing. On Caladan, Jessica, a member of the sisterhood and the bound concubine of Duke Leto Atreides, had been ordered to bear only daughters. Because of her love for the duke, she disobeyed and gave birth to a son: Paul, Paul Atreides.
to refuse to obey an order
to refuse to obey