Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- To move something, or someone, especially to forcibly move people from their homeland.
- To supplant, or take the place of something or someone; to substitute.
- (of a floating ship) To have a weight equal to that of the water displaced.
- (psycology) to repress
- Megan Garber (2017), “The Case for Shyness”, in The Atlantic: “Freud considered shyness to be evidence of displaced narcissism.”
to move something or someone
to supplant, or take the place of something or someone; to substitute
have a weight equal to that of the water displaced
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked