Jump to navigation Jump to search
distich (plural distichs)
- (prosody) A couplet, a two-line stanza making complete sense.
- Coordinate term: monostich
- 2012, Christer Henriksén, A Commentary on Martial, Epigrams Book 9, OUP Oxford, →ISBN, page 282:
- Through these distichs of increasing intensity and vagueness, the reader is brought to the riddle of the concluding distich: as far as the speaker is concerned, the girl was ‘pure’, but she will not be if Aeschylus wants to receive the same service on a ‘bad condition’.
- Any couplet.
a two line stanza making complete sense
couplet — see couplet
distich (not comparable)
- couplet on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- elegiac couplet on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- heroic couplet on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
distich (strong nominative masculine singular disticher, not comparable)
Positive forms of distich (uncomparable)