Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Relating to distribution.
- Tending to distribute; serving to divide and assign in portions; dealing a proper share to each.
- 1709, [Jonathan Swift], A Project for the Advancement of Religion, and the Reformation of Manners. […], London: […] Benj[amin] Tooke, […], OCLC 220146796, page 40:
- [I]t is worth obſerving the diſtributive Juſtice of the Authors, which is conſtantly applied to the Puniſhment of Virtue, and the Reward of Vice; […]
- (mathematics) A property of functions that have a rule describing how the function can be performed to the individual components of another operation.
- If function f is distributive with respect to function g, then .
- If the operation is distributive with respect to the operation , then .
- (logic) Assigning the species of a general term.
- (grammar) Expressing separation; denoting a taking singly, not collectively.
- a distributive adjective or pronoun, such as "each", "either", or "every"
- a distributive numeral, such as Latin "bini" (two by two)
relating to distribution
math: property of functions
distributive (plural distributives)
- (grammar) distributive case
- (grammar) A distributive adjective or pronoun.
- (mathematics) A distributive numeral.
- absolute definite natural masculine form of distributiv.