- The state of being undecided.
2002, Thomas P. Glynn, A Child's Christmas In Chicago, page 59:
- Everyone was in a dither; either in it or about to get in it or just climbing out of it. Naturally, the Madam was not in a dither. Dither was a foreign concept to her.
- A form of noise which is intentionally applied to randomize errors which occur in the processing of both digital audio and digital video data.
- (computer graphics) The use of dot patterns to approximate colors not available in the palette.
- To tremble, shake, or shiver with cold.
- To be uncertain or unable to make a decision about doing something.
- To do something nervously.
- (computer graphics) To render an approximation of (an image, etc.) by using dot patterns to approximate (the features of) colors not in the system palette.
to be unable to make a decision
(computing, graphics) to render an approximation of