don't look at me
- A response indicating that one is not willing or able to perform a task, or that one is not guilty of something for which blame was implied.
- A: "Someone needs to label all these words as nouns or verbs."
- B: "Don't look at me: I don't know anything about grammar."
- 2003, "Top Banana", season 1, episode 2 of Arrested Development
- Michael Bluth: Well, I'll tell you what. I'm gonna give you a promotion. Welcome aboard, Mr. Manager.
- George Michael Bluth: Wow! I'm Mr. Manager!
- Michael Bluth: Well, "manager". We just say "manager". And you can hire an employee if you need one.
- George Michael Bluth: Do you think I need one?
- Michael Bluth: Don't look at me, Mr. Manager.
- George Michael Bluth: Right. It's up to me now. I'm Mr. Manager.