Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
- (idiomatic, informal, derogatory) An overly or exaggeratedly dramatic woman or girl.
- 1923 December 10, The Washington Post:
- If he is thwarted in his effort to enjoy them, he may either go to the dogs or the drama queens, become short-tempered, sullen, grouchy and eventually feel that, in a way he is a failure.
- 2009, Mark Atteberry, So Much More Than Sexy, Cincinnati, Ohio: Standard Publishing, →ISBN, page 145:
- I’ve known quite a few drama queens in my time, and I always have the same thought: She reminds me of junior high. Most girls are drama queens at that age.
exaggeratedly dramatic person
- (informal, intransitive, uncommon) To behave in an exaggerately dramatic fashion.
- 2017, David Montgomery, Thoughts on the Abundant Life, Primitive Baptist Heritage Corporation / Lulu.com, page 337:
- Stop the drama queening. Stop the pity parties. You've maxed out. Look, we all have trouble in our lives but most of us aren't hanging our dirty laundry out there for the whole world to see.
- “drama queen”, in OneLook Dictionary Search.