Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A sudden downward slope.
- A sudden decrease.
- There has been an unexplained drop-off in sales this quarter.
- A delivery; the act of leaving a package, etc.
- 2014, K. G. MacGregor, Anyone But You:
- Starting tomorrow, they'd do dropoffs and pickups instead of leaving their vehicles unguarded.
- (especially US) A space reserved outside a bus or railway station for vehicles stopping to drop off passengers for onward transit.
- 2020 May 20, “Network News: Plan submitted for £18.6 million station at Soham”, in Rail, page 21:
- Fifty car parking spaces, a drop-off point, five spaces for blue badge holders and lighting masts are all included in the plan, as is cycle parking on the station forecourt and ticket vending machines.
- A time during which passengers, such as school children, are dropped off.
- 2021 February 1, Living in Brisbane, Brisbane, page 1:
- These signs are friendly reminders for road users to slow down during drop-off and pick-up.
- (Internet) A visitor to a website who ceases to continue using and navigating around the site after reaching some specified page; or such an act of cessation.
- We're seeing a lot of drop-offs on the shop product pages; why aren't people making purchases?
sudden downward slope