Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
- (idiomatic, transitive) To convey some subject matter in simple terms, avoiding technical or academic language, especially in a way that is considered condescending.
- The public won't understand this concept. We need to dumb down our explanation of it.
- (idiomatic, intransitive) To become simpler in expression or content; to become unacceptably simplistic.
- Television has really dumbed down over the past ten years.
- (convey subject matter in simple terms): oversimplify, downplay, simplify, trivialise, vulgarise / vulgarize layman's terms
to convey some subject matter in simple terms
to become unacceptably simplicistic