Jump to navigation Jump to search
dusting (plural dustings)
- A light snowfall.
- A light covering of something.
- Cover the cake with a dusting of confectioner's sugar.
- The act of removing dust, as a household chore.
- Tuesday is the day when I do the dusting.
- Francis Hopkinson Smith, Peter: A Novel of Which He Is Not the Hero
- Strict orders had been given by Mrs. Breen the night before that certain dustings and arrangings of furniture should take place, the spacious stairs swept, and the hectic hired palms in their great china pots watered.
- A beating.