Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Of or pertaining to a dystopia.
- 2012 March 22, Scott Tobias, “The Hunger Games”, in AV Club:
- If Suzanne Collins’ novel The Hunger Games turns up on middle-school curricula 50 years from now—and as accessible dystopian science fiction with allusions to early-21st-century strife, that isn’t out of the question—the lazy students of the future can be assured that they can watch the movie version and still get better than a passing grade.
- 2020 January 17, Amy Chozick, “This Is the Guy Who’s Taking Away the Likes”, in New York Times:
- He kept thinking about an episode of “Black Mirror,” the British dystopian anthology series, in which the characters rate everyone they interact with on a scale of 1 to 5 stars. (It doesn’t end well.)
- Dire; characterized by human suffering or misery.
pertaining to a dystopia
- Genitive singular form of dystopia.