Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A time too soon to make a decision or come to a conclusion.
- I expect Wakefield United will win the cup this year, from their present performance, but it is early days yet to be really sure.
- The initial period of an innovation
- In the early days of television, the service was always breaking down.
- Initial stages of a project.
- Hold on. We're still early days on this.
- 2010 December 11, Andrew Revkin, “Consensus Emerges On Common Climate Path”, NYTimes.com:
- This is still early days, with more to wrap up in the morning and […]
- (initial stage of a project): early innings