eau de nil
- A pale yellowish green colour.
eau de nil colour:
1968, Alan Burgess, The Word for Love, page 241:
- It was a sprawling town of upended concrete boxes tilting pastel rectangles up towards the hot sun: soft blues, prawn reds, pale chocolates, delicate eau de nils, primrose yellows […] .
2000, Ciarán Carson, Fishing for Amber, page 143:
- Such colouring! — slate blues, coral pinks, pale amphitrites, the wet cobblestone blue of mussels, frail sea-forget-me-nots, anemone yellows and carmines, emeralds and eau-de-nils!
2009, Debra Adelaide, The Household Guide to Dying, page 298:
- He had painted the ceiling and window and doorframes an aqua green, the walls eau-de-nil.
- 2011 Terry Pratchett, I Shall Wear Midnight.
- Possibly the mauve one would look better,’ said Letitia, ‘although I have always been told that eau-de-nil is really my colour. By the way, could I make things up to you in some way by having you as my chief bridesmaid?
- Of a pale yellowish green colour.