Jump to navigation Jump to search
- œcophobia (archaic, rare)
- Fear of one’s home.
- 1995, International Reading Association, Journal of Reading:
- Many of our teenage hippies are in the streets today because they suffer from ecophobia.
- A feeling of powerlessness to prevent cataclysmic environmental change, apocalypse, etc.
- 1990, George F Will, Suddenly: The American Idea Abroad and at Home:
- No wonder the mood of the moment is ecophobia, the fear that the planet is increasingly inhospitable.