Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- nervous, apprehensive
- (entertainment, advertising) creatively challenging; cutting edge; leading edge
- (entertainment, advertising) on the edge between acceptable and offensive; pushing the boundaries of good taste; risqué
- (dated) irritable
- an edgy temper
- (art) Having some of the forms, such as drapery or the like, too sharply defined.
- A sculptor's ideas must, I should guess, be somewhat rigid and inflexible, like the materials in which he works. Besides, Nollekens's style was comparatively hard and edgy.
- (of a knife or blade) Sharp.
- (slang) Cool by virtue of being tough, dark, or badass.