Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈɪɹi/
Audio (US) (file)
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈɪəɹi/
Audio (UK) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɪəri
- Homophone: Erie
- Strange, weird, fear-inspiring.
- (Scotland) Frightened, timid.
- 1883, George MacDonald, Donal Grant:
- She began to feel eerie.
- See also Thesaurus:strange
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.