Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: egoïsm
Audio (Mid-Atlantic) (file)
- The tendency to think selfishly with exclusive self-interest in mind.
- (ethics) The belief that moral behavior should be directed toward one's self-interest only.
- (nonstandard, by confusion of the similar words) Egotism (tendency to talk excessively about oneself).
- (tendency to think of self): selfishness
- (tendency to think of self): altruism
tendency to think of self
egoism n (uncountable)
declension of egoism (singular only)
egoism c (uncountable)
- egoism; the tendency to think of self and self-interest.
- (ethics) egoism; the belief that moral behavior should be directed toward one's self-interest.
|Declension of egoism|