Jump to navigation Jump to search
egotist (plural egotists)
- A person who talks excessively about themself.
- A person who believes in his or her own importance or superiority.
- (nonstandard, by confusion of the similar words) An egoist (advocate of egoism).
person who talks excessively of his or her self
person who believes in his or her own importance and superiority
egocentric or self-centered person — see egoist
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
- egotist in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.
- egotist in The Century Dictionary, New York, N.Y.: The Century Co., 1911.