The mining term is from Cornish.
- Pertaining to elves; elvish; elven.
- (mining) Of or relating to certain veins of feldspathic or porphyritic rock crossing metalliferous veins in the mining districts of Cornwall.
- an elvan course
elvan (plural elvans)
- (mining) The rock of an elvan vein, or the vein itself.
- (rock of elvan vein): elvanite
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
- definite singular of elva