Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -eɪnɪŋ
- Very amusing; that entertains.
- 2011 October 1, Phil Dawkes, “Sunderland 2 - 2 West Brom”, in BBC Sport:
- Sunderland came back from two goals down to earn a point from an entertaining encounter with West Brom.
entertaining (plural entertainings)
- (archaic) Entertainment.
- 1889, George Herbert Curteis, Bishop Selwyn of New Zealand, and of Lichfield:
- As soon as the festival was over, and the usual routine of summer entertainings and meetings had been got through, the Bishop and Mrs. Selwyn, accompanied by their large family party and some friends, started for a quiet holiday […]