Jump to navigation Jump to search
From the genus name.
erica (plural ericas)
- Any of many heathers, of the genus Erica, used as garden plants
- 1840, John Claudius Loudon, The Gardener's Magazine and Register of Rural & Domestic Improvement:
- I have now arrived at the third year since the ericas were seedlings and cuttings; and, as much can be said in this stage of their growth applicable to future years, it is my intention to do so.
erica f (plural eriche)
- (Classical) IPA(key): /eˈriː.ka/, [ɛˈriːkä]
- (modern Italianate Ecclesiastical) IPA(key): /eˈri.ka/, [eˈriːkä]
- (Medieval Latin) Alternative form of ("heath, heather")